Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 04 f7 sno pro i have a pipe, can and just recently put on a epi clutch kit, the only problem is i have a flat spot and it just cuts out the power im thinkin its thw wieghts there 68g big dogs if you can help me out thanx

·
Registered
467 Posts
Is your sled efi? Did you put the pipe and can on it the same time as you installed the clutch kit? More info needed here. The advise I give anyone who modifies their sled, in any way, is to do one thing at a time. You wont know what is causing your problems if you do to many changes at once. The other thing is to do a time run on your sled before you make changes. You dont have anything to compare your new set up to if you dont. If you put a pipe on a efi sled you should re-map the computer. A sled is programmed to run with a specific pipe and air box. This is also true with the carb sleds also. I had a guy get beet with his zrt by his buddy. He said to me that he just piped and clutched it. I told him to put the stock pipe on and race his buddy again. He won. To make his pipes work on that sled he needed to do more to it than just add the pipes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it efi i did each part at a time i noticed more performance but still kinda the same problem and when i did my clutch kit it only pull about 7400rpm and 6900-7200rpm in deeper sno with the stock clutch it pulls 7980rpm

·
Registered
467 Posts
Sounds like your primary clutch is hanging you up. Your weights might be to heavy. You might have to go to notched weights if you need to run that heavy of a weight.Your secondary might be taking part in the issue to. Take a majic marker and make a line from the clutch shaft to the top of the clutch. See where your belt is riding on your clutch. If you want a clutch kit that will get you close to where you want to be, call D&D. I would be supprised if they didnt already have a kit tested and built for your sled. They specialize in Arctic Cat Performance parts. I start with them every time and I always had really great results.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i moved secondary into the 4th spot it pulls alot harder but only does about 7500rpm and i do have 67g notched weights in the primary do u think i still need to go lighter????

·
Registered
467 Posts
You need to get that rpm up. I dont know for sure what your sled should run at max rpm ( I need the specs.) but I am pretty sure that it is not 7500 rpm. I need to know the factory set up as far as weights and spring, and the set up you have now. There is alot of variables here. I am not trying to make this complicated but really it kinda is. I will try and come up with a general set up for your sled and compare it to your existing set up. We'll see how different they are. I might not know till Monday. Did you change the spring on the primary clutch and the helix on the secondary?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my buddys got an 03 f7 hes runs about 7980 rpm and mine has done it before but it jus kinda stopped i guess. i have a yellow spring and 67g notched weights and a purple spring in the secondary amd a helix but im not sire what the helix is. clutching is alot of trial and error and i cant get passed the error part. what about putting the stock weights back in witch are 70g and if that dont work maybe go to a around a 64g?. and i dont kno what else would keep the rpm from climbing ????????

·
Registered
467 Posts
Your belt dropping to far down into the secondary clutch. Your weight affects your engagement and the shift between rpm and the secondary clutch. Try moving your spring one notch tighter on the secondary clutch. (One hole back from middle hole) I don't like to do that but that would give you a quick rpm gain. You will lose top end by doing so. Sorry it took so long been very busy with work. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts