Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 03 1m 900 new in november from cooke city motorsports. I ride from 3000 to 6000. Have rejetted and installed a speedwerx single and can . Do I need to run more tension on the secondary or less? Thanks Andy Eastman

·
Registered
76 Posts
hello andy,

i am running same setup on my 05 900 kingcat, run same altitude as you, from filtering through all i have been told, and i'm no expert , but you don't wanna wind up you secodary if it is in the middle hole for the spring and it backshifts o.k., get your rpm from primary weights , i am running 70 gram primaries, titanium springs in both (stock) 55/53 sec helix , with 72 's in the primary and a stright 55 in the sec for a helix i would pull 7450 on a deep powder uphill pull, a freind of mine runs the same sled as you with the above combo so i just switched over to try and i'm gonna check i tommorow (sunday) i'll let you know how it works

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the same pipe on my 04 900. For that pipe you want to run the rpms at 7700-7800. Since you have an 03 it should still have the 9 tower primary with the old style weights (not fixed pin) and these require less weight than the fixed pin 6 tower clutches. For 3-6k you should probably run 68's or 69's to get you around the correct rpm range. I pulled 64's at 9-10k and ran 7900. yellow/green primary, red secondary in the middle hole and a 53 or less helix. If you are hillclimbing you don't want anymore angle than that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts