Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this sound right? What I understand about clutching is that you want to use as much weight as possible in the primary with the stiffest spring in order to hold RPM`S (is this correct?) On the Secondary try pulling the steepiest angle helix(that your sled will allow) while using a secondary spring with the least amount of tension,in order to go fast.(Does this sound right?) I know that a persons weight and changing track size can affect the outcome of clutching,also. bang your head Any Comments appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
There is no real "rule of thumb"

So many variables change what happens and delcaring "as much weight as possible" isnt really the right way to think.

Old school drag racers used to use the stiffest spring you could get (Comet Gold) and Throw in the heaviest weights you can find, and start taking weight out till you get the RPMs where you want.

Unfortunately the thing would suck in the trail.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave, that is why this is so damn confussing. Think I just get it figured out then it all goes to hell. LOL!! By the way I like the "Ricky Bobby Fan", I was a little disappointed in the movie though, I laughed so much thru the previews leading up to the movie release, I guess I new where all the funny parts were. Still funny though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts