Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drive clutch went out on my 99 ZR600 EFI. I attempted to take the center bolt out of the center of the clutch (where the handy little pop out is on the side) and I cant take it out. It spins freely and I have tried just about everything I can to get it out i.e. magnet, pry, and used needlenose pliers all to no avail. Any help would be appreciated....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Maybe a thin piece of wire with a hook bent into the end?
get the hook behind the head of the bolt and gently pull?
The only other thing that I have tried is to turn the sled onto it's side and see if the bolt will fall out with a little tapping on the cover?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Do you have a welder? If so, take a 1/8" rod and cause the rod to stick onto the bolt head. Should be able to then yank on the welding rod to get it out. My fear; stripped threads :devil_angry: ... Can you tighten the bolt back into the threads on the crank?

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Needle nose vise grips was the solution when I had this problem years ago (the bolt was bent). When I finally got it out I replaced it with new bolt and tossed that PITA plastic sleeve in the trash. Always comes right out now.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I ended up compressing the clutch with some C-clamps and pried the bolt out. I just have to wait for the tool to get the clutch off now.
As for the clutch, has anyone else had the outer portion of their clutch spin freely of the engine and other side of the clutch? If so, what was the problem? Am I gonna have to buy a new one, or just fix it with another nut / washers?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts