Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering how hard is it to switch clutch weights on a 05 M7? some guys say you can do it with the clutch on, others say you have to take the clutch off? I have some lighter weights in now for mountain riding, but since I'm trail riding I want to put some heavier weights in so I'm not spinning so many R's.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
115 Posts
Its easy. Just take the 9 bolts out of the cover or however many there are and they are just long enough to decompress the spring. Then you apply a little heat to the allen screws on then loosen them. Then take out the bolt that holds the clutch weight on. Put on the new clutch weights, add a little blue locktite to the set screws and your good to go.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You don't need to take the clutch off (but I prefer to). Just find something to compress the clutch. I have used little wedges of wood that you can drop in where the weights go or I do believe cat makes a tool thing to hold the clutch compressed.

·
Registered
324 Posts
i use a piece of all thread, take out the 12 point primary center bolt, install the all thread, i think its either 1/2 or 9/16x18. put a nut and a washer on the all thread and tighten until you compress the clutch enough to take out the weights. this way you don't have to worry about anything you jammed in there coming loose. also if you remove the cover without anything compressing the clutch be careful of the last couple of bolts, the cover will want to kick sideways and bugger up the holes when you remove the last couple of bolts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts