Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get all of my weights to within .1 of a gram on my '98 ZR600 EFI. I am wondering where do I remove the material from the weight?

·
Registered
978 Posts
How far off are the weights off now? How accurate is the scale you are using?

Trying to make them all perfect could be a challenge. It is just as important that they weigh the same at different points along the weight (especially center and tip) as the total weight. If you think they are too far off try a different set.

·
Registered
242 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZR600 @ Feb 5 2007, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am trying to get all of my weights to within .1 of a gram on my '98 ZR600 EFI. I am wondering where do I remove the material from the weight?[/b]

Remove material from the backside of the weight....in other words....the side opposite from the roller surface. If you have access to a belt sander/grinder...these work well for this application. Use a digital scale with a tenths (or better yet) a hundreths function. You should have no problem getting all 3 weights within 0.1 grams.

JMY

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JMY @ Feb 6 2007, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZR600 @ Feb 5 2007, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am trying to get all of my weights to within .1 of a gram on my '98 ZR600 EFI. I am wondering where do I remove the material from the weight?[/b]

Remove material from the backside of the weight....in other words....the side opposite from the roller surface. If you have access to a belt sander/grinder...these work well for this application. Use a digital scale with a tenths (or better yet) a hundreths function. You should have no problem getting all 3 weights within 0.1 grams.

JMY
[/b][/quote]
Yup!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts