Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to replace their entire driven clutch by 5000 miles?

I have 5015 on my 06 F7 with the ACT drive. The non replaceable bushing that comes as part of the movable sheave on the driven is worn out as well as is the surface on the stationary sheave where the movable sheave slides. The rollers are also worn out. The replaceable bushing in the helix seems to be fine, I can’t feel any radial movement. The dealer said this wouldn’t be considered under warranty because it was a wear issue. I can agree with him that the rollers would be considered a wear component, it’s a plastic, easily replaceable, sacrificial part, therefore not covered under warranty. The part I don’t agree with is that two main components of the clutch, the stationary and moveable sheave, are expected to be worn out after 1 year or 5000 miles. That would mean that essentially the entire clutch is considered to be a wear component…a $315, metal, sacrificial part? That seems a little unreasonable.

Is this a fairly common problem that I haven’t heard of? Any thought on the merits of this being a warranty issue?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts