Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to get the clutch off my 580 while it is out of the sled. I took the center bolt out and I slid in a longer, skinnier bolt than what came out so it bottomed out and stuck out of the clutch about an inch. I then put a ger puller around the outer edge of the clutch and put the center bolt of the puller on the head of the long skinny bolt i put in. I cranked and cranked on it and i finally got my big impact wrentch and went at it and it would not pull it, did i miss something or am i doing this wrong any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Holy cow you have to stop doing that! You need to get a clutch puller from the arctic cat dealer or your nearest buddy that has one! It just looks like a real long bolt with threads half way up on the shaft. It threads into the inner part of your clutch and pushes on the crank at the same time. Get that gear puller away from there before you ruin the clutch. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
You may have already ruined your clutch by using that gear puller

·
Registered
41 Posts
wow, i cant beleive you would even consider using a puller like that to take off your clutch, is this the first clutch you've ever taken off? theres a reason why your clutch has threading on the inside of the bolt hole, its not just for show lol hope you didnt total your clutch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts