Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 wildcat 700 efi thats been giving me problems all year. I have replaced or checked every part and sensor. Took it to the dealer and they tried everything they knew charged me 1200 bucks and didnt fix it.......
I have pressure checked it both fuel and compression and are good, primary clutch has all new rollers arms and buttons, spring too. Reed valves are good-also checked.

Im unsure but the driven clutch I think , needs to be adjusted. It has all new buttons and spring. Belt seems to be riding in the sheaves too low. And I think center to center is too far apart .. ?? It warms up and the belt drags / squeals a bit at a stopped idle. Occasional creep. The sled itself bogs at 5000 rpms and wants to die out.
Its like trying to take off in 2nd gear in a car ???

Clutches on sleds are new to me so any tips or advise would be appriciated, Thanks....

list of new parts;
all the efi sensors
stator
external coil and wires
cdi box
ignitionswitch
kill switch- throttle block
injectors
ecu
voltage reg.
voltage rectifier
battery
both clutches rebuilt...... BUT CORRECTLY ?????

·
Registered
978 Posts
If I was you I'd first take it back to the place you had it "fixed" and have a long discussion with the owner. Then even if they do fix it correctly NEVER do business with that shop again.

What was the original problem that caused you to take it in for service?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Belt seems to be riding in the sheaves too low. And I think center to center is too far apart .. ?? It warms up and the belt drags / squeals a bit at a stopped idle.[/b]
If the belt is riding too low you shouldn't get any creep or squeal, unless the center to center is way off. First make sure the engine is square then check center to center. Also check to make sure you're running the right belt. Then check to make sure they installed the right parts in your clutches, springs and weights. Did they put the driven spring in the right hole? Probably the middle one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts