Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i broke a chain and when i replaced it i also squish tested and saw that i could take ten thou off and be at factory spec. i also put a new belt on and studded closed windows. sled has ods clutch 2 deg timing key fuel restrictor , before i broke the chain it was running awesome. easily hitting 110 on hardpack and still pulling. last night i took it out after getting head back on and it seemed quicker with better throttle response but it was shifting out at higher rpms and pulling higher peak rpms. when i used to go to wfo it would hit 7400 and pull to like 7850. now it goes to like 7800 and pulls to 8100 shortly after. i lost some top end performance as i could only hit 108 in longer stretches than i was hitting 110 112 or so before. what could have changed and what would be the best way to get my top end back. i do alot of lake racing and it is going to be very missed if i cant get it back. stock gears are 22/41 and im looking for a better top speed gear ratio. also i will be installing noss this week so do i need to make cluthching changes, more weight or anything.

thanks ben

1 - 1 of 1 Posts