Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the site as a member...I was having a problem reaching full shift on my 2002 ZR 600 EFI, I took the secondary apart, everything was stock except helix 56/50. I took the primary apart and found that the spring was not all the way seated in the spider assembly, I think it may have been coil binding. The spring is red and the rate was 145-300, weights were 52 grams (I belive stock is 53?)...Should I go with more weight???? 55-56??? Any suggestions would be very helpful.....Machine is entirely stock other then can and cosmetics...

·
Registered
64 Posts
In my opinion I would do just one thing at a time.... If you think it was coil bind by improper installation, fix that and try it, then if that doesn't work, then think about different weights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ordered new sring from dealer yellow/white, friend has new stock green/yellow. Can try them both, His must be1.25 inch shorter then my red one. Guy told me his 01 600 vev has yellow/white with 56g wieghts, 57/50 helix.Runs 4300 to 8300.Would like to land around there.Hope to get out friday to try some runs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts