Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im trying to pull the clutch on my 1994 cheetah 550 and things dont seem to work. I have the cap and the bolt off the clutch and all I need to do now is to insert the clutch puller (wich I got from my local arctic cat dealership) and pop the clutch off but thats where the problem is. The bolt has no problem screwing on the threads but the puller can’t. It just rotate freely and never grips on the threads. I have the distinct impression that the threads of the puller are nowhere near the threads of the shaft because The puller bump into something at the end. Any thoughts as to what is going on?

·
Registered
10,777 Posts
This is the puller I used on my 93 Pantera 550. Does yours look like this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, the one they gave me is this

as you can see the threads are not even the same size or length

·
Registered
10,777 Posts
I have that puller too. It was for my replacement clutch I put on my Pantera back in 2008. I also used it on my 05 Sabercat and still use it on my 06 T660 Turbo Touring.

·
Registered
10,777 Posts
If your puller bottoms out on end of crankshaft with threading onto clutch, then you have wrong puller. The bolt screws into crankshaft, The puller screws into clutch and rotates on crank end. This is why you grease the end of puller.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah right now, the puller just spins freely, but my clutch is a little bit different. I had to take off a plug on the clutch with a hexagonal bit, then I had to take the bolt off and then insert the puller. Is yours like that?

·
Registered
10,777 Posts
IIRC I did not have a plug to remove first. Can you post a picture of your clutch?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

so thats the plug and the clutch. The only threads on the clutch are these one I think. And then the bolt goes into the hole.

·
Registered
10,777 Posts
I’m going to guess that’s a 7/8” hole with a 14 pitch thread as that’s what my puller is.

·
Registered
10,777 Posts
Where are you in Canada?

·
Registered
10,777 Posts

·
Registered
10,777 Posts
You can always show picture of clutch to your dealer. They should be able to figure it out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I figured it out. the book it says that I have to use the clutch puller for the comet clutch, so its exactly the one you use(7/8") But the problem is, when I went to my dealer, they asked me what king of clutch I have and I said Comet and he gave me the WRONG ONE! So it was pretty much a wild goose chase trying to find out if my clutch was broken or not, but I just didnt have the right tool! Thank you sir, my problem is solved, Il order the good one right away!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts