Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deal with all the different part numbers for clutch pullers? Even on dennis kirk I am having trouble pin pointing the right one. They list a clutch puller for zl's and most other arctic cats with the 9 tower clutch here...
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_cata...leafCatId=31503

But if I look one up for my sled (2002 zr600) I get this one for $8 more...
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_cata...tId=&mmyId=

Am I missing something or is this just some type of horseshit attempt at making money?

I've gone through all of my local (if you can call them that) dealers and they want $90 for one from arctic cat. I would have never thought it would be so difficult to get one of these things.

Anyone local to the chicago area have one I can borrow for a fee or buy that would be great!

·
Registered
10,123 Posts
Looks like the import is cheaper and the USA is more money. That's the way I take it anyway.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I just bought one from Babbitt's for $35.00 including shipping

·
Administrator
20,018 Posts
1995 models such as the jag 340 and on up that used the 9-tower primary and all other primarys from cat through 2009 season use the exact same puller (with exceptions to below paragraph)

Starting in 2007, the Jag Z-1 and the F1000 both went to 35mm tapered cranks, they (Cat) used a different puller, the one for them (JAG Z-1/F1000) is the same as cats latest release for all their 2010 lineup of sleds with the small exception that the 2007-2009 Z-1 and F1000's puller was slightly shorter,, the newest puller however was designed to work on the 2007-2009 Jag/Z-1 and F1000's as well as the 2010 lineup

The newest puller is for all Cat sleds, 2010 model yr and on,, and retro'd to '07 Jag/F10's-on,, it is a 14mm thread based piece available thru Cat dealers for $32.95

STOP wasting time and money with online places that are so confusing to many with the way they list items,, and head to your local cat dealer and get the newest version for future useage for this low price,, you'd have to be crazy not to!

Heck, the one by Mak-it, Inc.,, here out of Livonia, Mi costs (dealer cost btw) $33.95!!! and like I said,, that's dealer cost!! It retails for $56.95!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts