Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Any idea on how to get it apart now?
One time I found a broken case half bolt. I would have had to remove engine and split the cases to remove. This is what I did. I took a stick welder [220v] and slid the welding rod into the hole until it hit the broken bolt and let it fuse to the bolt, and then I shut the welder off. I was then able to twist the welding rod/ broken bolt out. Just as long as the puller is not stuck on the threads, it should come out. Good Luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it! I thought for the Hecht of it id hit it with a big rubber HAMMER. And the clutch popped off the shaft.
I then took the cover off and the spring. Then welded a nut to the puller. Had to do it twice it was in there really good!
Thank you for everyone offered some advice. I have one more sled to work on , keeping my fingers crossed...

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
Don't know if you realize it or not, but your suppose to hit the end of the puller with a heavy hammer after tightening it. If it don't pop off, tighten more and hit again till it comes off. Some guys just keep tightening them which is not helpful.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't know if you realize it or not, but your suppose to hit the end of the puller with a heavy hammer after tightening it. If it don't pop off, tighten more and hit again till it comes off. Some guys just keep tightening them which is not helpful.
Yeah it dawned on me after I cranked the piss out of it. I haven't been on sleds the last 12 years due to bad knees. I gues I forgot a few steps. But its all coming back to me as I see my wallet shrinking haha. Have a good day fellas!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.