Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 89 wildcat out, was gonna sell it today. Ran like crap.

Ran like it was rich.

Noticed while idleing it on a stand, the track was spinning, even at idle at 2500rpm. Could I have something wrong in my clutch.

I have been playing with my carbs jetting trying to solve a stumble off of idle. Could it possibly be my clutch?

Thanks.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here is a pic....

I wonder if my belt is too tight

i assume i measure the top, too see if 1/8" is above the top part of the secondary..

I tried too loosen the motor mounts, but not getting much slack...

any tips....or is this correct?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Buy a manual!! Don't touch the motor mounts to adjust deflection, which in your picture looks pretty good. Idle at 2500 is about 1000 rpms too high. Any track on a stand will spin at 2500 rpms.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
You change belt deflection by adding, or removing shims inside the secondary clutch. Do not play with the engine mounts as you can mess up the clutch alignment. 2500 may be a little high for a hot idle, but is not a terrible thing, and it may feel smoother at that speed than 1500. If things are good in your driveline the track should still turn on a stand even if it's running at 1500 RPM.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MAYBE......JUST MAYBE........

i found my float arm broke on 1 of the carbs....hopefully that was letting too much fuel in.

Having a machinest fix it tonite.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts