Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 13 XF1100T. Bought the 2013 service manual and it only gives info on Bearcat & T-series for Parallelism.

Anybody know the Parallelism specs for the 4-Stroke ProCross?

If your parallelism was out and you got it back in please explain what you did.

Thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update
A lot of searching dug up some interesting stuff on HCS by clutchweight. Over 80 pages on testing on a 12 1100T Belt breaker.

Center to center is designed for 11.5" but alot are more then that.

Something is causing flutter on belt on the pull side thus a lot more stress is present. Some say some rollers are different size or not round. Others say 2 roller design needs to be perfect including no warn bushings.

82 belt is short compounding the problem with too long C to C.

Snubber required to stiffen up Jackshaft Bearing.

No one has mentioned the spec on parallelish but guess I need to assume closer to perfect the better.

My measurments.
Top 1.665
Foot side 1.669
Front side 1.680
Bottom (could not get with 2" mike or calipers)
C to C 11.560 should be 11.50
Belt 46.125 should be 46.4

Sounds like I am margional for belt trouble so i will keep close tabs on mine. If I did not already have (2) 82 belts I would invest in longer Carlisle belts. Either 144-4640 actual measuring 46.875 by 1.390 or XS 822 measuring 47.375 by 1.380

I will be adding more clutch weight to get more squeeze and maybe a little less primary spring.

Also exhaust wrap and turbo blanket will be on order. Thermo Tec has some good stuff and this is a cheap retailer.

·
Administrator
2,529 Posts
For the TCL sleds the clutches should be parallel in both directions, there is no adjustment as is, so you would have to drill out holes to move the engine around (on a 4 stroke you can shorten the ctc by opening up the two holes that bolt the tcl to the engine)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts