Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2017 cat 500 plain jane....belt went at 1200 miles..replacement aftermarket belt went 200 miles...another replacement belt seems ok but down hill engine brake, it free wheels and sounds like marbles out of the clutch case...I have a new oem belt new roller weights ....someone had said that the one way bearing is bad....I also noticed that the weights last time I took it apart, that they might have a very slight flat spot... to me it sounds like those roller weights could be the cause? Any help before I order more parts? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Going downhill it should "brake" you and not sound like that. Good chance it is the one way bearing. Take clutches apart and clean good before you install a FACTORY belt. 8 Rollers are cheap and check the 4 dampers on the movable drive sheave for wear too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sound something like this?

Here is the basics of how to get in the clutch and check your rollers/belt/clutches.

Arcticfrost
Good videos. My uncle got this 2016 Cat 500 and he's describing some noise when going downhill. I'm coming over this weekend for the installation of the suspension and rockstar wheels on his truck. We'll check out the clutch assembly on his quad bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts