Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my belt grenading and being unable to ride it since I put it back together, I was finally able to take it for a ride around the yard, and noticed a weird noise coming from the clutch, very very hard to explain noise, almost like the clutch fins are hitting the inner clutch cover. And it almost seems chattier when I’m low rpm, never went over 15mph around the yard. Just parked it again. The reason the belt broke was because the primary nut backed off due to bad loctite. Made the belt slip and it locked up the primary and secondary. One way bearing maybe? I put new seals in the inner clutch cover. But almost seams like the primary is riding too far in.

·
Administrator
42,604 Posts
I moved this here for you.
Are you sure you got all the belt fibers out of the helix in the secondary ?

·
Administrator
42,604 Posts
The one way bearing could possibly have been damaged when the belt let go. Can you narrow down where the noise is coming from ?

·
Administrator
42,604 Posts
For a short time and at low rpm. Remember there is a bearing in the housing that supports the end of the shaft when the cover is on.

·
Administrator
42,604 Posts
Did you figure it out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had my primary nut come off after over 5 years on a 2009 700 H1-I had installed an EPI clutch kit (for 27" tires) + Extreme duty belt. I spoke to the AC dealer about why the nut came off-said it just happends...I asked if it should be loctited on-EPI didn't mention to loctite it, nor did any videos I watched. Should that nut be loctited? I was thinking to put on a light duty locktite-got blue or some lighter duty for gunscope ring bolts, Thanks anybody

·
Administrator
42,604 Posts
@hydroguy8ip

Is marijuana legal where your dealer is?, because he has been smoking something.
Get a service manual from country cat . Com.
RED LOCTITE AND torque to spec.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No I have not gotten it figured out, I took the clutch cover off and the inner fins of the primary are hitting the inner case at higher rpm, I can’t figure out the buzzing noise though

·
Administrator
42,604 Posts
The primary or the secondary?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To revive a dead topic... just took the wheeler apart again today, haven’t driven it since the clutch noise started. After extensive research I’m leaning towards the one way bearing being out? As I can move the primary in either direction.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To revive a dead topic... just took the wheeler apart again today, haven’t driven it since the clutch noise started. After extensive research I’m leaning towards the one way bearing being out? As I can move the primary in either direction.

·
Administrator
42,604 Posts
Yes...

·
Administrator
42,604 Posts
Correct

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.