Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm currently looking into buying a clutch kit for my '05 AC F7 Carb...and I was wondering what you guys recommend?

-I've herd many rave about the ODS clutch kit...can you guys tell me anything about it and why you like it?

-My buddy found this clutch kit for the secondary... http://2strokeheads.com/clutchkit.htm Has anyone used this? It seems like its the BEST after reading about it lol, but idk. I was wondering if I could also buy weights, and springs for the primary with this kit? (I think I'll call them tomorrow when their open)

Any advice will be much appreciated,

Thanks guys,
Arctic Man

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
89 Posts
The kit you found for the secondary is a huge topic right now. No definite answers as of yet. Query this forum and the Mods and Tech Tips forum for more info (try searching for "RKTek"). I have an early version of this kit but have yet to get it dialed in. If you want something "plug and play" so to speak, i'd stay away from this kit. JMO.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds interesting...I'd like to learn more!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I asked the same question before and didn't get much response either.

Clutching is like porting, its a "black art". There are no definite/easy answers.

They can be setup for all different types of riding/styles.

I want a clutch kit that will improve top end mostly and midrange too if possible. I do not run studs (also makes a diference in clutching).

If you mod your engine you also need different clutching. I have the a timing key and BMP pipe mod, so I need the clutch to take advantage of that extra power.

How/where you ride your sled also affects your clutching setup (snow cross, cross country, lake racing, etc).

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what kind of clutch kit do you have?

I want a clutch kit that'll give me a lot of low end POP and help mid-high range and not hurt it.

The RK TEK clutch kit seems nice on paper, but would like to hear more about it. Anyone got/have it?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any have one? lol. It'd be nice to have some imput on it, before I buy a $250 clutch kit.

Thanks, John

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just installed 10.4" Secondary and ODS kit this year, great low and mid power, I ride trails and CC terrain so it works well, seemed to have maintained my top end also. I have 170 studs.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input

·
Registered
166 Posts
I bought my 03 F7 efi w/ a D&D kit on it, the stock piecies were not included. If somebody has or is going to change out there stockers I would be interested!

PM me

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts