Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 06 f7 s/p all stock except for a can,hand guards,and a chrome diamond plate windsheild . i am just wondering if i should go for a clutch kit first or picks if i go with picks i am gunna do 153. just want ur guys thoughts on what i should do first? and if dan from ODS can point me to the right clutch kit for me. i do alot of really agressive trail riding and love to be in the front of the pack of sleds i ride with ( thats why i bought an f7 Rockerdude ) any help is greatly appreciated. and i am allso thinking of getting a 2 degree timing key if dan can help me with that too i would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Picks....Safety issue, helps you stop. Most people on here will tell you yo get rid of that can and run a stock one. I have an ODS kit in my '03 and really like it.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Actually wether or not you have studs should affect which clutch kit you choose. Both of the D&D kits I've purchased were different depending on studs or not.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would try to do all mods before clutch kit. Every mod will change clutching a little, & when you order a clutch kit let them know everything you have done to sled.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks for the input guys. i run the can cuz i love the sound and we dont have any noise restrictions here in erie pa and i try to keep the noise down when im near houses as much as possible. any more input is greatly appreciated too. thanks again guys

·
Registered
207 Posts
Talked to an aftermarket rep the other day, they have a bunch of studs on sale, seems not many people are running them anymore. (Its about time!)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Maybe if trails are icy or on the lake on occasion sure, but not necessary, otherwise they cost money, they add weight, their a pain to put in, their hard on the track, they rip up floors, they rip up trailers, need special stickers to run them on certain trails.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
He lives in Erie, PA..... he wants studs.....

"i try to keep the noise down when im near houses as much as possible" <-- we appreciate that.... we had enough trail reroutes this year...

fastfirecat06- which club do you belong to?

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HONDANNY @ Dec 18 2009, 05:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Picks....Safety issue, helps you stop. Most people on here will tell you yo get rid of that can and run a stock one. I have an ODS kit in my '03 and really like it.[/b]
100% agreed on everything said. Picks first, clutching second ... and the ODS kit is a great all-around kit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (joezr2 @ Dec 18 2009, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He lives in Erie, PA..... he wants studs.....

"i try to keep the noise down when im near houses as much as possible" <-- we appreciate that.... we had enough trail reroutes this year...

fastfirecat06- which club do you belong to?[/b]
yeah PA trails really need studs..well atleast my trails and pipeline/powerline situations.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Definitely studs first! with the extra clutching your gonna lose everything you gained cause the tracks gonna spin like crazy... having the sno pro track should help immensly, but def. stud it, You won't regret it

·
Team ArcticChat
6,971 Posts
Labonte... ****** and I were discussing the ODS clutch kit, we've both heard great things. What were the positives you saw with it... and negatives if there were any?

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
no offense c/c28 but the hills,ravines,pipe lines ,and old logging roads that make up alot of the trails in N.PA.& S/NY
in the ALLEGANY region are steep and deep and narrow,very narrow alot of the time some one has to stop to let others get by.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Woody's "mega-bites" are a great all around stud, go with aluminum backers and the long nut. This helps with the long studs bending (assuming you have the snow pro track).. good luck and you'll love them!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Woody's "mega-bites" are a great all around stud, go with aluminum backers and the long nut. This helps with the long studs bending (assuming you have the snow pro track).. good luck and you'll love them!

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
^^^x2

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
joezr2 i belong to PISC Presque Isle Snowmobile Club and i know what u mean about the re roughting the trails the one that crosses lake pleasant rd was really bothering me but im glad us and wales snow drifters got it all figured out. i really want to pick it but it is alot of money i have been pricing them and for everything its gunna be around $400-$500 and i just dont got that much to spend i wish i could find everything for cheaper if anyone knows a good site or place i would really appreciate it. this is the first firecat i have ever had or rode and i absolutely love it i love the suspention and the power and the s/p track and the fox floats and fox zero's in the back. i had a 99 zr700 carb before this with pics and clutch kit and my f7 makes the zr feel like it didnt even move lol . any more input is greatly appreciated guys and girl i am so glad i joined this site everyone is so friendly and helpfull and u dont find that too much anymore so i just want to say thank u to everyone on this site for all the help it is greatly appreciated :site:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts