Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a clutch kit for my sled. I am a flatlander riding primarily in MN. What are the differences in the clutches available?

looking for speed and acceleration. Thanks for the input.

ben

·
Registered
321 Posts
Stock is better

I had a clutch kit in my 05 chaindrive firecat. Was on the phone with the place 3 times to try to figure it out. Finally took it back out and ran better with stock setup. I first tried a used belt. Put 30 miles on new belt and still had a bad experience. Tried adjusting spring tension, put different cam angles in (good thing I had several laying around).
It was shifting out to fast. When I would hook up from a spin the motor would bog right down. I had a Cat dealer install the kit. I am really familiar with adjusting the secondary. I spent most of winter last year trying to adjust it. I was being told the secondary is the cause for this problem. Brought back to dealer to install stock primary parts with new springs of course and no bog. This is just my experience. I realize that not all things work the same so that is that. Could only sell the Dalton weights for a fraction of the kit cost. Live and learn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.