Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I own a 2002 ZR 800 Cross Country with 3900 miles on the clock and the clutch cracked, it cracked running lengthwise through the stationary sheave (shiv ? not shure the correct terminology) and the polished bar. So needless to say I am not going to run this one any more, in case it decides to come apart @ 7500rpm. So I am looking for a new clutch and am wondering if the newer 6 pin clutches off of the 900's or F series are the way to go? (yes I have the B block, or larger diameter crank). Also I have heard that people are using Polaris clutches, just wondering if that is true and maybee what they work off of??. My largest concern is that it will last longer than the 9 pin that came on my sled, I have had a few other issues with weight bushings and so forth. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
As I understand the 800s have the 33mm taper and my 500 had the 30mm taper. If that's incorrect someone will chime in I'm sure. The guys here helped me find kensports on ebay. Brand new clutch (uncalibrated of course- you need weights & spring) for $239 shipped. THis was the newer 6-post clutch. I called them first and the person on the phone was a great help. Direct bolt on upgrade.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i have the exact same sled mine has 5500,then the clutch froze together.i bought a brand new 9 tower off ebat for $200.yes they are 33mm bore by the way.my buddy is a tech for an AC DEALER he says its kind of common when you get up there in mileage due to the power and the way people ride the big bores.good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts