Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know the torque for the bolts on the clutch case on an 05-500m? - ft/lbs or in/lbs?

Thanks!!!!

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND...........has anybody stripped their oil plug? If so what size did you tap out too and what new plug fits? bang your head bang your head bang your head bang your head bang your head

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Here you go :)

[attachment=69803:Section10.pdf]

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yea i stripped out my oil draner pan, not my plug. The little pan is made out of aluminum and the plug is out of steel so usually the pan will strip out first. Went to my dealer and bought a new pan for 25 bucks. Just 4 bolts that hold it onto the crankcase. Easy fix.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticDad @ May 2 2007, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here you go :)

[attachment=69803:Section10.pdf][/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (arcticcatschuey @ May 2 2007, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yea i stripped out my oil draner pan, not my plug. The little pan is made out of aluminum and the plug is out of steel so usually the pan will strip out first. Went to my dealer and bought a new pan for 25 bucks. Just 4 bolts that hold it onto the crankcase. Easy fix.[/b]

Thanks fellas!!!

I called me mechanic buddy at the dealer-he said "hand tighten em, not too tight though"--he's great guy then he told me 7 ft/lbs outta do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts