Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone knows when you take your primary apart to make sure it goes back together the same way, because of balancing... What is actually balanced? Each piece separate or is it balanced as a whole unit? Reason I'm asking is because i wanna change my spider,i have a nine tower (don't know if it even matters just a question in general) and i would buy factory parts. So would my clutch no longer be balanced if i change anything, or are the parts precision made and balanced individually and direct replacements? Thanks!!!I dunno

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe they are balanced as a unit because the covers always have drill marks on them. And that would be why they have marks. If everything was balanced seperatly, there would be no need for the index marks.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Why are you rebuilding a nine tower? By the time you buy the tools and the parts you could buy a brand new 6 tower. These are the new style six tower clutches which are better clutches than the 9 tower clutches.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why are you rebuilding a nine tower? By the time you buy the tools and the parts you could buy a brand new 6 tower. These are the new style six tower clutches which are better clutches than the 9 tower clutches.
Because i have already replaced everything in my 9.. Brand new spring ,weights, pins, bushings and a new fixed sheave! All that's left is the front cover and spider then its a brand new factory clutch.. I'm in it this deep already.. I thought they use to sell just the rollers for the spider, dealer says its a unit now.. Its like $150 much cheaper than any other clutch at this point!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I see a vid on youtube the man said snowmobile clutch balancing, showing improved performance and doubling the life of your engine i dont no its real but the man banancing a skipoo clutch and talk arctic cat and polaris too ,very interesting video just tap (snowmobile riding out the earthquake)

·
Registered
77 Posts
There is a video on YouTube of that guys work. Nospinbalance1 is the YouTube video. It will surprise you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts