Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a clutch alighnment tool and I cant figure out how it is used exactly, does the big end sit all the way down in the primary and if so what do I want to see on the secondary. Please help trying to get this thing back together.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a ton, pics help alot. Looks like I need another shim. There is about .030 gap on the seconday not alowing the alignment tool to sit flush with A and B of the secondary. Most people say they only need one .030 shim, I cuurently have 1 big shim 2 med. and 1 small. But the tool dont lie.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I need to check mine, I also found these diagrams as helpful. I was at the dyno yesterday, and DT Jim found that my motor was slightly unaligned, but in the direction that is acceptable. I must now measure to see if it is out of tolerance, and to make sure my secondary has enough shims, also.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snowstud @ Feb 9 2007, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I need to check mine, I also found these diagrams as helpful. I was at the dyno yesterday, and DT Jim found that my motor was slightly unaligned, but in the direction that is acceptable. I must now measure to see if it is out of tolerance, and to make sure my secondary has enough shims, also.[/b]
Went and bought a couple shims today and added .060 and that gave a little less then .030 on the primary. Perfect. New belt and deflection dialed in .......radar run here I come.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.