Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sos: I've got an 04' 400 4x4 with over 3500 miles on it and the clutch seems to slip real bad. I get on my bros 05' 400 with over 1000 miles and it almost snaps my head off. I ride the mud alot and have some 26" Kenda Executioners and reverse in the mud can,t even turn the tires. I wondering if theres a way to adjust the clutch or tell me what could be the problem or what I lack of. I'm open for any suggestions. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Says manual in the titled. Epi probably makes a clutch kit for it. I have the purple springs in mine increases clutch engagement rpm.

WC

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:beer_cheers:I think it was this past novemberand its a manual shift. I also plow with it and it was park in the cold shed all winter. It seems worse when it real cold. But the bigger tires and heavy plow dont help.
Is there a way to put more pressure on the clutch to grip more? I've heard they have clutch kits but I can't seem to find one for the 400 manual. If you have any ideas i'll be much apreciated. :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have a similar prob with my 400m. I can feel the clutch slip when I take off, or if i'm in too high a gear it slips and then you can feel it hit. almost like a hesisating, but not. The dealer says that they can't tell, but then he also say that they only a few manual's a year. I remember on my old Wolverine that it had an adjustment right on the side of the case.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
There are adjustments right on the side of the case under a small oval cover. There are directions somewhere here on A-chat to help you along.

I also have a 2004 400 manual in the family and it does the same thing, the neighbor has one also and it is the same. They both seem to move fine, but slip at engagement if in too high of a gear. We had a Yamaha Big Bear before that and it never had a problem like this, if you were in too high of a gear it just wouldn't move?? I would really like to know if there are some aftermarket clutches out that that may help this problem. The problem is in the auto clutch mechanism and not the actual clutch itself.

~Fast

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:beer_cheers: You wouldn't know where to find these these adjustment hint on here would you I looked around and came up empty. I've found a clutch spring kit from EPI that should maybe help with the problem its $50 or so :drool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts