Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 zr 800. Plugs are Very Light Brown to Haze on Wide Open Throttle for 1 Minute at about 15 degrees outside with a 5-10mph Wind.
Under Normal Throttle the Plugs are Fine, Running 410 Mains,55 Pilots and V-Force 3 Reeds, Brand New Top End, Stock Pistons and Rings, OEM Gaskets. But Case has Been Extensivley Ported for the 1035 Hooper that was on it Before. Should I Jet up to 420/430's or Change the Needles???? If I want to move the Needle Up or Down to make it Richer, Which way should I Go?? Needles Up/Down, or Jet up to 420's? What about the Pilots? Leave them at 55's or put them back to 50's???

Also Compared to my 2001 w 410 Mains,55 Pilots, V-Force 3's. This Sled SUCKS the GAS. Is this because of the Case Porting???? My 01 was getting 13-15 Cruising on the Trails, I can't get over 10 with the 02. WHy????

I also am Considering If anyone is Interested in Trading Cases and/Cranks in the Summer for my Ported Case and Crank. Crank has been Cut,Trued and Welded, ALso Ported by Hooper Race Engines. For a Stock Case and Cut/Trued and Welded Crank I may be Interested.

Thanks for the Info. ZR

·
Registered
978 Posts
If you are only running lean at WO throttle change the mains. If your gas mileage is that bad double check your jetting at half throttle, you may be able to drop your needles a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts