Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a thread on this topic the other day and was not sure if it was here or on the Snow West Forum. There were some pretty good pics on how people fixed the problem but I can't seem to find it now. If anyone can drop me a link on where I could find it again I would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
It was on the snowest forum, Just scroll back a couple of pages and you should come across it, It is very easy to fix! Just pull the cover off the servo motor and you'll see it right away. Good luck!

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (S2H @ Jan 8 2007, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I saw a thread on this topic the other day and was not sure if it was here or on the Snow West Forum. There were some pretty good pics on how people fixed the problem but I can't seem to find it now. If anyone can drop me a link on where I could find it again I would appreciate it. Thanks[/b]

Hey if you do this , could you possibly snap a pic and post it.
I would like to se exactly what it is.

Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here is the problem. The clip has been installed wrong on some.

Personally I would just remove it. They never had one till now, and they already have caused more trouble than they are worth imo!

·
Registered
324 Posts
you think they might have mentioned this in the letter they sent out to all customers about modding your sled. oh yeah that wouldn't have saved them any money so i guess they're not interested. man has ac dropped the ball this year or what, M8's and M1000's melting everything in sight. the M1000 mysterious bog. clips installed wrong and not a mention to anyone about it!!! ac needs to step up big and do some serious recalls on thier new sleds or this 10 plus year loyal owner will be riding yellow next year!!! ac if you keep this up you'll be in the same boat as polaris, you should learn when you put out a sled with problems like this and are not willing to fix them you may just be back to your biggest mountain sled being the M7... with some fancy stickers and a funky name you'll be the pick of the litter lmao!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (89sandman @ Jan 9 2007, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
you think they might have mentioned this in the letter they sent out to all customers about modding your sled. oh yeah that wouldn't have saved them any money so i guess they're not interested. man has ac dropped the ball this year or what, M8's and M1000's melting everything in sight. the M1000 mysterious bog. clips installed wrong and not a mention to anyone about it!!! ac needs to step up big and do some serious recalls on thier new sleds or this 10 plus year loyal owner will be riding yellow next year!!! ac if you keep this up you'll be in the same boat as polaris, you should learn when you put out a sled with problems like this and are not willing to fix them you may just be back to your biggest mountain sled being the M7... with some fancy stickers and a funky name you'll be the pick of the litter lmao!!![/b]
These problem were just discovered. Arctic Cat didnt know about the clip untill I told them about 2 weeks ago. Then it takes time to see if it is true, and how many are affected. From what I have heard there have only been about 30 sleds melting anything. (Modded? who knows) If the M1000's have a bog, how many of those do you think are a broken APV cable from the clip being installed wrong??

This stuff takes time! I would think that a "10 plus year loyal owner" would realize that the first year of anything new almost always has some problems. They can not test them in all possible environments and conditions. The days of anything on sleds being as simple as you may think are long gone my friend. There is more R&D in your sled than in your car!

Have some patience! mikeyslap

·
Registered
795 Posts
What is the bog mentioned on the M1000?
I own one, and seen many more in the hills, and none I have seen so far have this bog.
Is it a mid range bog or what?

·
Registered
249 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CFM-Z440 @ Jan 9 2007, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (89sandman @ Jan 9 2007, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you think they might have mentioned this in the letter they sent out to all customers about modding your sled. oh yeah that wouldn't have saved them any money so i guess they're not interested. man has ac dropped the ball this year or what, M8's and M1000's melting everything in sight. the M1000 mysterious bog. clips installed wrong and not a mention to anyone about it!!! ac needs to step up big and do some serious recalls on thier new sleds or this 10 plus year loyal owner will be riding yellow next year!!! ac if you keep this up you'll be in the same boat as polaris, you should learn when you put out a sled with problems like this and are not willing to fix them you may just be back to your biggest mountain sled being the M7... with some fancy stickers and a funky name you'll be the pick of the litter lmao!!![/b]
These problem were just discovered. Arctic Cat didnt know about the clip untill I told them about 2 weeks ago. Then it takes time to see if it is true, and how many are affected. From what I have heard there have only been about 30 sleds melting anything. (Modded? who knows) If the M1000's have a bog, how many of those do you think are a broken APV cable from the clip being installed wrong??

This stuff takes time! I would think that a "10 plus year loyal owner" would realize that the first year of anything new almost always has some problems. They can not test them in all possible environments and conditions. The days of anything on sleds being as simple as you may think are long gone my friend. There is more R&D in your sled than in your car!

Have some patience! mikeyslap
[/b][/quote]
DITTOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Somebody better warn the Skidoo.com Forum LOL!!

The only 1000 bog prob. I have heard of is the APV cable being cut by the clip. All you have to do for a trail fix is tie the cable so the valve stays open.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Just got my new updated clip today from my dealer. It is just a narrower design. I noticed where the cable had rubbed a little but it still looks ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts