Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think you made the right choice Ziemann(y). When I purchased the TBX, my wife was disappointed I did not get the CanAM 2up. I told her for $1100 and a couple hours I could turn the TBX into a TVR. With that and the fact I turned over the 650V2 Arctic Cat to her, she has been happy and has not asked me to change the TBX over - I love the TBX dump box. I wish you many happy hours of riding.

·
Administrator
36,313 Posts
You definitely made the right choice !
I have my neighbors 1000 renegade in the cat cave right now. Wow, I’ve never seen so much cheap plastic held together with??? I agree with the statement from above, piss poor design and engineering. This thing is a royal pain in the ass to work on. Maybe it will get easier when I have two hands lol. He put a box on the back and it broke the welds. Lol
He has replaced more bushings and wheel bearings than I have , and wow are can am parts pricey.
Power is great lol

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I am hoping to take delivery some time later this week.

From what I can tell, it looks like the winch should just bolt in. I've installed all of my winches previously, so this one looks pretty straight forward.

Up here, pretty much all of our roads (except main highways) are open to ATV use. So, I'll probably need to find a decent handlebar mirror and then a TRV rear rack cargo bag....

Outside of those items, I really won't need much else to begin with. There's a winter ATV Poker Run coming up towards the end of the month, so that'll likely be the TRV's maiden voyage with the wife......

·
Administrator
7,672 Posts
I went with the AC snowmobile hand guards and they fit great. Also the ATV deluxe hand and thumb warmer. 2 must haves for cold weather riding. These fit, cant remember the mounting kit number thoughhttps://www.countrycat.com/arctic-cat-5639-581-sno-pro-hand-guards-black

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The deed is done!! :)

Took delivery today with pics to follow. I'll take it for a ride in the morning, and hopefully install the winch in the afternoon.

I already have a new Cat oil filter and a gallon of Rotella T6 ready once I get through my break in.

Thank you again to everyone for the input! It is great to be back in the Cat dirt family. Now my dirt toys and snow toys all match! :p

·
Administrator
36,313 Posts
I changed my mind, can-ams are the best thing since sliced bread. You better take it back and get a canned ham

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
First ride complete. Initial impressions are tough to make since it only has 12 miles on it.

The ride is much more firm than my Can-Am Max, but the handling is very good. I know it will loosen up once it is broken in. I'll give it 100 miles to break in and take a ride with my wife before making any adjustments.

Initial power is also tough to judge until this engine gets broken in. She's a bit of a pooch compared to the Can-Am, but obviously it'll improve significantly once I get a couple hundred miles on her.

Attachments

21 - 30 of 30 Posts