Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know it's late but we haven't had any snow here so I'm prepping my sleds this weekend.
I have a 2000 zr 600efi that I want to prep and am wondering how or the procedure to clean out the throttle bodies.
I am familiar with carbs and how to dissassemble and clean but have never torn down a throttle body.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a 02 ZR800 EFI and I just run a good fuel injector cleaner through my tank once a year and have had no problems. I have done hundreds of carbs but wouldnt touch the EFI stuff. My .02 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
i pulled my throttle body assembly out of my sled. Then i took the injectors out of the assembly(its pretty easy, just be careful) I cleaned everything with throttle body cleaner from an automotive parts store. There isint much to clean out accept the injectors(theres a screen on them that can get clogged up) and clean the butterfly area, and the fuel rail. Its alot easier than you think if your throttle bodies are similar to my 98. Goodluck!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
both idea sounds pretty effective....but as easily as they are removed I think I will pull the injectors and check if not clean the screens, they should be similiar to the 98 set-up.
I will spray down the butterflies and hit the fuel rail too.

I was just wondering and I think you answered my question about the screens behind the injects....I knew there had to be something to clean.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts