Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally had time to completely disassemble and clean the carb on my '05 H1. I had swamped it back last june at the ******* games in Alto Tx. In October it developed a hard start problem that I figured was due to the lost compression and oil consumption. I have not ridden it much since oct. so making time was not a priority, but now with riding season coming up I decided it was time to dig in to it.

Thanks to all the info I have gathered from this sight I was able to remove the carb, disassemble, clean, reassemble and reinstall the carb in about 3 hours. I cleaned it with carb cleaner and gasoline and a Toothbrush. I could not believe the amount of sand and dirt that i got out of it. Anyway she fires right up now; of course she also still smokes like a 2-stroke.

Thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge, it makes our wheelers that much more enjoyable when we can understand what is going on with them.

Loki

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Good for you man! Having that knowledge also helps you while you are out on the trail if anything happens. Nice work!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had the same thing with my H1 happen last year and did the same thing but had the smoke and was worried about that so I took it to the local dealer and had them look at it, It ended up that all the smoke was coming from a few things in the motor that had can bad cause of the sand intake and dirt, which ended up being costly($2500) but now it runs like a demon. You may want to check more into the smoke problem before running it much more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts