Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think there's a product called Kreeme (or spelled similar) that was originally used to coat and seal the inside of bike tanks, but I'd assume it could be used on a sled tank. Google for it...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Kreem works very well. How it works, is you clean the tank out with solvent. A lot of guys run them through a parts washer. The Kreem stuff has instructions onhow to cleanit. Then, you pour the mixture into the tank and roll the tank around several times to compleately coat it. The Kreem adheres itself to the clean metal and forms a barrier that will never let go, as it is impervious to fuel. Once it is fixed, your tank will not rust again. Guys used to use marbles and gsoline and just shake the hell out of it in a paint shaker.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Take the tank off the sled. Put in a cup of nuts and bolts or rocks. Then bungee cord it to a wheel on a farm tractor and go for a ride. The tank will look new when you get back. I have done this a few times. It works SUPER!!!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't know if you want to do it yourself or pay to have it done.Several years ago I took the gas tank from my truck into the local rad shop.They had a process to clean and pressure check and seal the tank from the inside.Don't know if they do that now or if one in your area might but it's a thought.
Kerry

·
Registered
4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DansBlown73Nordic @ Jan 1 2007, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Take the tank off the sled. Put in a cup of nuts and bolts or rocks. Then bungee cord it to a wheel on a farm tractor and go for a ride. The tank will look new when you get back. I have done this a few times. It works SUPER!!!!!![/b]
I don't have a farm tractor, I just shake the tank, good exercise LOL.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slls @ Jan 1 2007, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DansBlown73Nordic @ Jan 1 2007, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take the tank off the sled. Put in a cup of nuts and bolts or rocks. Then bungee cord it to a wheel on a farm tractor and go for a ride. The tank will look new when you get back. I have done this a few times. It works SUPER!!!!!![/b]
I don't have a farm tractor, I just shake the tank, good exercise LOL.
[/b][/quote]

I'm from the nuts/ bolts/ shake it school too. (not to be confused with just shaking my nuts) :stop_nono: :D

It doesn't coat the tank and prevent future rust like the first posts, but it gets the job done for pretty much free. You can get a really clean tank with a bit of elbow grease.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I highly recommend the radiator shop. I just redid a 72 EXT with the chrome tank. Tank in good shape outside but rusty inside and did find pinholes in the bottom after cleaning/pressure washing. The POR and kreem kits cost at least $30(plus your time). Local radiator shop did it for $25, they patched all the leaks and lined the entire tank. Plus they guaranteed it or bring it back to be re-fixed. You cant beat that, and it working perfect so far. If you are in MN/ND area, I can give you the info. I will be using them from now on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nuts and bolts here, works very well, never thought of the tractor tire idea but it seems like it would work well. Im not really a fan of tank coatings as ive purchased a few machines (1 dirt bike, 1 sled) that had deteriorating liners, and its a mess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts