Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21,410 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (troy burt @ Nov 8 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
why would chris burandt go to polaris???????????[/b]

Got to look at the big picture! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know money talks! but i just really freakin despise polaris! sorry to all u polaris riders, i just had a bad experience with a polaris!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I know and talked to Chris personally, he made a decision for his family's future, NO ONE and I mean NO ONE, can argue with that. Am I disapointed absolutely but I am happy for Chris, the guy has dedicated his life the the sport, can;t blame someone for greener pastures. I love CATS and am very brand loyal. But I have to be honest here, CAT dropped the ball big time, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. There was no other manufacturer than CAT that used a face for than Chris's. I really hope they (CAT) fired some people on this one, HUGE MISTAKE, again just my 2 cents..

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
I read on the SnoWest forum that Chris gave Cat the chance to match the offer from Polaris, and they declined. What a bunch of totally useless Aholes in Cats marketing dept... This guy is a major influence on anyone looking to buy a mountain sled. They money that Cat will potentially loose must be considerable. I am VERY disappointed in Cat.

·
Registered
286 Posts
right on, please let your local rep know how much this sucks,

Listen don;t get me wrong i love cats, but they really disapointed me as well.

AC: I think they are the best all around sleds, from looking to performance. Polaris just does nothing for me and same for doo's... Cat got tons of milliage out of chris and his umtpy thousande vidoes out there today, its too bad they can't understand what the potential or stability Chris brought to the industry for CAT.

Please make sure to mention this to your rep,

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i agree! it may sound weird but chris burandt was a good reason why i bought a M8. i read all good things about them but seeing that man ride a sled like he does just gave me goosebumps! i like doo's and yamaha's and hopefully now cat's. i have never rode a cat but i hope they are as good as i read about and what i've seen from them around this industry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I own all four brands of sleds from a '96 Polaris XLT, Yama MM, Doo XP's to '09 M8.

Every manufacturer has made great sleds and dogs..

Chris went where he needed to go to support his family.

Perhaps if Polaris makes their sleds a little better because of Chris' input then Cat will continue to improve their sleds based on Brett's input.

How can that be bad for any of us?

·
Administrator
20,010 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chief O @ Nov 12 2009, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I own all four brands of sleds from a '96 Polaris XLT, Yama MM, Doo XP's to '09 M8.

Perhaps if Polaris makes their sleds a little better because of Chris' input then Cat will continue to improve their sleds based on Brett's input.

How can that be bad for any of us?[/b]
Clearly the most sane post of the group, well said Chief

I mean, if others here are so worried that Burandt leaving is suddenly going to impact the ride of the sleds they love so much, why'd they even purchase them in the first place? Honestly, I believe it is them knowing that they made the right choice in their search, Burandt or no Burandt

·
Registered
130 Posts
Lets face it, Chris is in it for the business. It's his livelihood. I haven't lost respect for him at all but probably won't be as excited to buy his DVD's now or whatever knowing he's on a Poo lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chief O @ Nov 12 2009, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

How can that be bad for any of us?[/b]
Didn't Brett go to Boss Racing, Ski Doo? I'm assuming you meant Brett Turcotte???

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think he means brett rasmusen! I dunno for sure but i think so. i still have big respect for chris burandt, but as much respect for him that i have i still despise polaris lol, sorry again to all u poo riders! just speak my mind, everyman has his opinions.

·
Super Moderator
8,287 Posts
also look at the support polaris has been giving sled necks over the last couple years. way more than the other manufactures. Plus cat probably dose not want to spend extra money on anything right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
chris' entire company(back country adventures) is ran with arctic cats, he has one of the best arctic cat mechanics in the country as his neighbor(erik woog with vohk performance) i am very suprised to hear this. so i take it he will be running a turbo polaris......who is going to work on that for him? there isn't anyone in or around kremmling that i know of that is going to be able to work on a turbo sled like Vohk and they are a arctic cat dealer. they won't be working on a polaris. there must be alot i mean ALOT of money involved in this. maybe this will help polaris step it up and become a better mountain sled.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think Polairis is striving to gain legitimacy and trust in their 800 motor package. I think signing Burandt is their attempt at this. However, whatever manufacturer he rides, to him with his personal sled, it is no more than a chassis. Its not like he is riding a stock dragon 800. I am sure they showed him the money, and like any one of us would do, he took it.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
His move was smart, as said before, he did it for his family. Yeah of course it all comes down to money. Put yourselves in his position. He's not getting any younger, & In the business he is in things could very well go south quickly. He could get hurt, he could get sick, whatever. What happens when he cant do what he does now & gets paid for it?? I say take everything you can now because you never know what tomorrow may bring. Good luck to ya Chris. p.s. I still love my Cats...& Im not buying a Polaris any time soon.

·
Registered
360 Posts
No doubt that chris is the best moutain rider out there. But you think he'll still be as good with a powerless polaris? So is he going to ride polaris for like the x games and that stuff too? or just moutain. Thats a bummer but o well, he'll still be a cat guy at heart.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Winter rules! @ Nov 29 2009, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No doubt that chris is the best moutain rider out there. But you think he'll still be as good with a powerless polaris? So is he going to ride polaris for like the x games and that stuff too? or just moutain. Thats a bummer but o well, he'll still be a cat guy at heart.[/b]

I just talked to him a few days ago, yeah... he seemed REALLY heartbroke to be STUCK riding that turbo assault...

He kept saying what a blast it was & how I've GOT to some ride it. (I ride a CF 1000 as my main mtn sled, he seemed to understand why after riding the assault)

I think he'll be fine, the assault with a turbo vs an M with a turbo... who cares. all it takes is 1/2 psi to gain back that power difference.

oh, and an IQR instead of the newer snopro? That's a pretty easy choice as well.

Don't get me wrong I'm a cat rider, but the dragon chassis & the IQR chassis are badass.

Also, he has more design input with poo than he had with cat, showing the stupidity of their leadership.

They make a good sled, but the business decision making side of things is WEAK.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts