Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke the primer lever when trying to start the sled for the first time this season. When I took a close look I found that the plunger was stuck on one carb.

I unscrewed the cable but cannot pull out the plunger. The cable is still attached but I am afraid it will break if I pull to hard.

I tried PB Blaster but it did not do a thing. I removed the carb and tried to move the plunger from the inside but it did not work.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
Keep soaking it with PB Blaster, I had a 99 zrt 600 that I to replace every barrel in the carbs. because of a mice nest in the air box and all their waste ran into the carbs. PB Blaster finally broke it loose, the guy that was to prep it for summer didn't, since then I put dryer sheets all over the place under the hood and in the pipe outlet and seat to keep them out.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
another thing you can try is shooting air from the other side of the choke opening forcing the pb threw the hole i bought a air gun that had a 90* bend , that work for me, a friend of mine said he used brake fluid in his, and soke it over nite ,

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kaw550 @ Nov 10 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I broke the primer lever when trying to start the sled for the first time this season. When I took a close look I found that the plunger was stuck on one carb.

I unscrewed the cable but cannot pull out the plunger. The cable is still attached but I am afraid it will break if I pull to hard.

I tried PB Blaster but it did not do a thing. I removed the carb and tried to move the plunger from the inside but it did not work.

Any suggestions?[/b]
GM Rust Penetrant and Inhibitor/Heat Valve Lube #1052627 about $10 with tax will give better results. You may have to sacrifice the cable by snipping it off. Keep the plunger soaked 2-3 days, use a small tip screw driver in the slot at the top of the plunger and attempt to turn it(gently). Definitely keep the stuff away from your eyes and skin.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up having two that were stuck

Kind of makes me wonder if thye were stuck last season.

The first was was stuck in the down position. I ened up using a screw driver as posted above. It was tough but it came out.

The second one was in the up position. I let it soak for a while then pushed it down. I was able to get it out after that.

Infortunatly, I dropped a spring somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts