Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked it up this weekend. WOW these cat rock!!! What a difference from the old YAMAHA HA HA. Lots of Mods done allready. EPI clutch kit (5k engauge). SS can (sound sooo sweet) 4" riser with tilt, rebuilt stator, 96 studs. I've just finished the TSS mod and will do the Stator/Recoil mod this weekend. What kind of gas millage can I expect from this? Is there anything else that I should be looking for?
Thanks for the input guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
I just got a new sled too! What are you talking about with a stator and recoil mod? I've got some problems with my sled but I won't hijack your thread. You got a sweet sled. Do you have any pictures of how the handguards fit on the bars with?

·
Registered
215 Posts
sweet sled. you'll be very lucky to see 10mpg , they are fuel pigs.
just out of curiosity, what color springs did the epi kit come with? i've never read any feedback about their kit for the zr's.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Damn, one sweet looking sled. And best of all, it's a ZR. Bet you will have some fun times on that bad boy. Good luck and be safe.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice Sled, ANd the best its a Rare edition I think right Cat4ever?? Well Have fun but be safe at the same time!

·
Registered
550 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (»Â°Ĉ« FĩŘЁ& @ Feb 13 2007, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nice Sled, ANd the best its a Rare edition I think right Cat4ever?? Well Have fun but be safe at the same time![/b]
Yep, they are limited edition. They also made them in black for that year for LE's. They are somewhat rare. I saw one riding a ditch by my house. That's the only one I've seen around here. My sled was made in Janury 1997

NoSnow: What is going on with the orange flaps that snap to your tunnel? I've never seen those before.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Stator/Recoil mod is in this post http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php...ic=27284&hl

I don't have any pics of my guards but here's the link to the guards and the mounting kit. http://www.royaldistributing.com/shoppingc...dex_w_04_A.html
If you want a pic I can take one.

Looks like a light grey spring in the primary and a white spring in the secondary. This seems to be the combination, it rockets out at 5000 rpm's. Had her out for a good run last night (pushed it pretty hard, and clutches looked good, no marks) so I say the epi combination is right.

The previos owner had the seat and the pads redone in the arctic cat orange. I wasen't sure on all the colours at first but it kinda grows on ya..

My previous sled was a 94 vmax and it got about 8 mpi so if I can get 10 I'm happy.

Thanks for your posts guys..

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just looking things over today and found something that scares the hell out of me.... The stationary primary sheave has a number of cracks in it coming from the hub part out. Looks very scary!!! Has anyone every seen this before, what would cause this?
I guess she's parked untill I can replace the part.

·
Registered
316 Posts
on the inside of the sheave or outside. cause on the ouside that is probably just casting marks. but If its on the inside then yeah park it and fix it. there was a recall on some zr and zl's for thier clutches Im not sure if it was 98 or 99. my primary blew up cause of cracking. (didnt get the recall letter) and arcticcat replaced all of it primary secondary airbox bellypan. just somthing to look into.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cracks are on the inside. I've looked but I cannot find any recalls on the 98 only the 99 year. Did you deal with your dealer on this or someone else?

·
Registered
215 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nosnownogo! @ Feb 14 2007, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Cracks are on the inside. I've looked but I cannot find any recalls on the 98 only the 99 year. Did you deal with your dealer on this or someone else?[/b]
cat had a recall on some of the 99's but i think more than that were affected. mine blew at 2K miles and wasn't on the list.

courtesy of thread on snowmobileworld.com:

1999 Arctic Cat Snowmobiles - Faulty Drive Clutch

In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Arctic Cat Inc., of Thief River Falls, Minn., is recalling about 11,500 snowmobiles. These 1999-model snowmobiles could have faulty drive clutches due to the use of a contaminated alloy in manufacturing. If the clutch sheave fails, broken pieces could strike consumers, causing lacerations or bruises. CPSC and Arctic Cat are not aware of any injuries or incidents involving these snowmobiles. This recall is being conducted to prevent the possibility of injuries.

The following model 1999 Arctic Cat snowmobiles are being recalled:

P/S 700 LE
Z 440
P/S 700
Z 440 Sno-Pro
Z 370
ZR 440 Sno-Pro
Z 370 International
ZL 500 EFI
ZR 500 EFI
ZR 600
ZR 600 LB
ZR 700
ZRT 800
Thundercat

"ARCTIC CAT" and the model name can be found o­n the side of the snowmobile. These snowmobiles are painted either white, green, black or a combination of these colors. Authorized Arctic Cat dealers sold these snowmobiles nationwide between October 1998 and November 1998 for between $4,000 and $9,000. Consumers should stop using these snowmobiles immediately, and take them to an authorized Arctic Cat Dealer for a free repair.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts