Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed the track last week and took it up to mich. this past week. ran fine except for when the engine light came on. when it did, the engine would make a low bog sound and i could only go about 30. If you kept running it at thatspeed, it would kick back to normal after a while but would eventually come back on, mostly when i got off trail. I have no idea what the issue is. Could not enough chain case oil cause this or could it be electrical. I also noticed that my can looks tohave a small crack near the top. Please help.

[email protected]

please email or call if you want

·
Registered
2 Posts
im having problems with my f5 as well. the check engine light was a constant flash so i took out and cleaned the exhaust temp sensor and now the light is solid. chain case oil wouldnt do that. is your check engine light on?

·
Registered
344 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (arcteam @ Feb 15 2010, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
im having problems with my f5 as well. the check engine light was a constant flash so i took out and cleaned the exhaust temp sensor and now the light is solid. chain case oil wouldnt do that. is your check engine light on?[/b]
The constant flash is for temperature above 176 degrees F,solid on temps above 200 degrees F.If its on when engine is cold your temperature sending unit maybe bad or disconnected.Firecats use the check engine light instead of the temperature light for overheating.

·
Registered
2 Posts
it comes on as soon as the engine is started and now that i cleaned the exhaust sensor it is on all the time and lost some power. Do know where the sending unit is located?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts