Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Chassis Control Unit

10K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  arwun 
#1 ·
Any time I punch it the wrench light flickers, or goin over 40 it will flicker on then off?? The manual says it is the chassis control unit, dont have electric start, Any suggestions?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
i got the same sled as you my sled did the same thing except after the wrench lit up my lights went out then came back on. I told my dealer and they said one other sled had that happen and they just replaced the ECU. So they ordered a new ECU and i put it on but i havn't had any snow to see if it is going to work? The dealership said it would fix the problem. My sled had 30 miles on it when it happened.
Hope that helps..

#3 ·
My dealer said they had a few sleds do that around 20 to 30 miles, then they were ok, and they never found anything wrong with them. That was back in Dec around the 22nd, so they might know by now.

#7 ·
If you look on the right-side spar, there is a box mounted to it with a sticker on the bottom that says "chassis control unit". It has a wiring harness or two hooking into it. It's up under the panel, near where the pull rope is. I think it's silver colored with heat fins on it. Can't remember exactly, just noticed it when routing some wires in that area.

#8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SlEdHeAd16 @ Jan 8 2007, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
sounds good!![/b]
I was told the CCU regulates and rectifies the lighting coil output. It then splits the DC power into 3 differnt outputs - one for the gauge & taillight, one for the headlight & handwarmers, & one for charging the battery if there is a battery.
The unit also controls the reverse shifting, on 2-Stoke models it shuts off the headlight/warmer power so more power is available while shifting.
I think the wrench light only comes on when there is a problem with one of the outputs. For example, if your handwarmers short to ground, the light will come on and since the headlights are on the same circuit, they will also shut off. If the short goes away, the controller will reset and everything will come back on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.