Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I've seen some others posting about this same question but have not heard much on it.

Can I put a 2.5" Camo extreme on an M7 153? If so, are there any mods that I need to do to? The only mods I have on my sled are the HOLZ relocation brackets.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Remove old track. Assemble the jackshaft back into the DD. trim the inside of the extrovert driver teeth with a knife, wood chisel or something similar, 1/8 is probably what it is. Install track as you would. Pull rear adjuster bolts out, and remove the black sleeve for the adjuster's jam nut. and adjust as nessisary.
Guys have done it without trimming the drivers, it just makes noise. I wasn't going to either, but once i realized where to do the trimming, it took literally 10 minutes. I do have the sledjunky's upper idler wheel kit, and that does take up a touch more slack out of the adjustment, but theres still enough.
Brian

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just so I understand the trimming of the drivers. Do I trim the inside of them and basically make them slighly "thinner" to create more clearance on the track windows? Just want to make sure I trim the correct side.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yep. If you want to be totally sure, take your tape measure, and measure the track windows inside to inside. The drivers inside tooth to inside tooth, and it will show you what the deal is. Theres about an 1/8" of extra material on each side of the solid center of the driver, just trim that inside edge away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts