Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
I am changing a bearing behind the speedo cable gearbox housing and have noticed that the parts list calls for two Flange plates part #0602-198 encasing that bearing. I only had an inner one on my sled.

I looked for videos online but all of them that I found also only had the inner one. Any ideas as to why? It looks like the outer one would go outside of the tunnel and under the speedo cable gearbox housing? :huh:

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
My sleds have two that sandwich the bearing on the inside of the tunnel. The bolts go thru (Carriage type) both triangular plates and thru to the speedo adapter. Then the nuts. At least this is how it should be.

Sometimes people put the extra plate on the other side. Check and see if its there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see there is an O-ring seal for the chain case side but are there any O-rings that go on the speedo bearing side?

I can't tell what was in there because it's all chewed up and the bearing is missing. Looks like the previous owner didn't lube the speedo gearbox.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
No o-rings on the adapter side. Just the way its pictured above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.