Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Z1 Jaguar, late build, with a 15" x 121" x 1.25" track. It is just not enough track for the snow conditions we have this year. I have an opportunity to buy a skid and track off a wrecked 2010 F8. It is a 15" x 128" x 1".

Is this a good idea? Is it an easy change over?
Should just change the skid and get 1.25" or deeper track?

Or should I just look for a 136" x 1.25" skid and track and not mess around? Will a 136" skid fit without body modifications?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wife has a 128" under hers. I wouldn't take delivery until it had a 128" (PREORDERED SLED, BOUGHT BECAUSE ADVERTISED AS 128") Spent hours on the phone with Cat. My Dealer took the bull by the horns and swapped out with a new '07 f6. The sled has had the 128 from it's very first mile. With the wife (125 lbs) on it (no studs), she smokes my 09 Z1 Turbo LXR LE out of the hole. Takes me to 80-85 to finally catch her. Wish my '09 would hook up like that. She has Bergstrom 8" Triple Points and loves the way it handles. She has about 10,000 miles on it. picture was taken about 2 weeks ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
How deep is that track? How does run in 12" of powder?
I'm 200 lbs. and afraid a standard 1" still won't be enough, even in 128" length.
Her sled sure looks great for having that many miles on it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Motor area looks just as clean! 12" of powder with a base under it should be no problem. We take our dogs on trips and I use her sled to make paths in the snow to make it easier for my 11 year old male to get around. The snow is always over a foot and I weight 210. Might be cause of clutching but my Turbo with 1-1/4 would have dug down at the slower speeds. Her lug 1"

·
Registered
172 Posts
he used the same holes, that chassis was actually built for the 128 skid. if it wouldn't be for the grey bogie wheels, you never know it had a different skid and track under it.

you can blow the picture up just seen a little more detail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.