Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new seat cover off eBay for my 1998 zr600 carb because mine was ripped very badly. I know that the seat is connected to the tank but that's all I know, could anyone help me out and tell me how I would put the new sat cover on?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've got the same sled with a ripped seat too, did you get an original cover with the arctic cat on the back or an aftermarket? other than the ripped seat my sled is in mint condition so I'd like to stick with the original cover. Hows the new seat cover look?
Cheers Ray

·
Registered
572 Posts
I replaced both my 02 cover and my nephews 96 440 cover, I bought a $15 air stapler at menards (I'm sure somethin similar near you) and used 5/8 length staples, that worked perfectly. I kept my old cover and used pieces of it to reinforce stress points that tear first like the top edge of the plastic pan between the foam and gas tank and the back corners below the tail light.

I layed a strip of carpet out on my chest freezer in my garage and used that as my bench since you'll be doing a lot of the work with it upside down. Just make sure you get your seams as even as possible and DO NOT pull the material too tight. That will either cause the cover to be off center or some staples could pull through causing the cover to have rips in it.

Good luck and post some pics when ur done.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I replaced both my 02 cover and my nephews 96 440 cover, I bought a $15 air stapler at menards (I'm sure somethin similar near you) and used 5/8 length staples, that worked perfectly. I kept my old cover and used pieces of it to reinforce stress points that tear first like the top edge of the plastic pan between the foam and gas tank and the back corners below the tail light.

I layed a strip of carpet out on my chest freezer in my garage and used that as my bench since you'll be doing a lot of the work with it upside down. Just make sure you get your seams as even as possible and DO NOT pull the material too tight. That will either cause the cover to be off center or some staples could pull through causing the cover to have rips in it.

Good luck and post some pics when ur done.
A heat gun or hair dryer can help smooth out the wrinkles when you're done. Take your time, be careful not to staple too close to the tank, or any edges.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.