Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thanks , I was at my local AC dealer today and they couldn't figure it out they had the same data base as the one you directed me to. Their fix was " oil is cheap" or you have buy the whole assembly and that was $1400. I may just have to take it apart and try and figure it out because I'm not so sure either.
You need to find another dealer, because if they are too lazy or too stupid to find a part number for a bearing, you don't need them wrenching on your machine!!!

I'll have to find them, but I've got some photos from swapping the bearing on my 04.

Get the bearing, the paper gasket, and the front seal.

Make sure you've got a good set of snap ring pliers too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I looked on country cat at the secondary drive assembly drawing to try and find that part number so I could figure out the rest myself but I don't see it? Anyways I got the bearing number now I just need a seal number and the gasket . I already trust what you guys know more than my dealer after reading some reviews about them. Any pictures are VERY helpful and really guys thanks a million.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I looked on country cat at the secondary drive assembly drawing to try and find that part number so I could figure out the rest myself but I don't see it? Anyways I got the bearing number now I just need a seal number and the gasket . I already trust what you guys know more than my dealer after reading some reviews about them. Any pictures are VERY helpful and really guys thanks a million.
If you have a manual transmission the bearing and seal aren't shown for some reason.
Just take the seal and the bearing to a bearing supply place and ask them to match up the seals for you.

If you want to measure for the seal, measure the shaft diameter, the housing bore diameter (where the seal fits into) and the depth of the seal.
That info is always helpful id the seal is really torn up. I found some of the AC seals fit really loosely in the bore so a little sealer around the outside of the seal before you put it in may help.
I did have a seal leak around the seal case to bore.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the info yes I unfortunately do have a manual trans so I will just have to take it apart and do some measureing and find the bearing that fits and as far as the seal goes I will try and get a sealed bearing first and then take my seal into AC and see what they can match up. I'm a machinest so I can always make one fit one way or the other ;) thanks again.

·
Registered
338 Posts
No need to modify anything. The 2003 500 TBX uses the same rear diff and has a complete exploded parts diagram. It's like Cat was trying to keep the 2002 parts a secret, maybe because it was the first year for Cats to have FIS. Anyway, here are the numbers I found.

pinion seal# 0402-395
pinion bearing # 0402-003
pinion housing gasket # 0402-947

I just posted this. I wrote it a long time ago, but forgot about it. Thanks to you,Graham, it got pulled of the back burner.

http://www.arcticchat.com/forum/pin...eplacement-2004-400i-manual-transmission.html

Reactions: Graham78

·
Registered
996 Posts
i just look at the 03 parts list. ac did want to keep 02 a secrect..lol

Reactions: Graham78

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I have joined a few forums before for different things but this one so far has been the most helpful and by helpful I mean have actual info and step by step even with pictures not the old "well I knew a guy who knew a guy who fixed that once" kinda stuff. The only time I'm going to my AC dealer now is to get parts because it seems to me they should know all this stuff. But clearly don't !thanks again

21 - 29 of 29 Posts