Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to change to amsoil from cat. Do i have to drain the oil or can i just add some in and let er go.

Also, will the amsoil protect the engine just as well as the cat stuff. Do i need to do anything besides that when i switch?

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
When I switched to amsoil in my 06 and both of 99's and my 97 I only left a little cat oil in the tank and then filled them with amsoil that way I didn't have to bleed the oil pump. (no air in the line is a good thing). as for my daughters 04 zr120 I just took out the drain plug and let her run then toped it off with amsoil.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
I agree with Dad ... run your oil down to the point where you need to add oil. Then just top it off with the Amsoil. No need to empty it out at all. And yes, the Amsoil will work just as good or better than the APV oil. Also, you may want to calculate your fuel:eek:il ratio again and set your oil pump accordingly.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont run APV oil because i dont have power valves. I just have a reg 500. So, what if i only need like a little bit in there. Would it make that much of a difference running 2 oils at the same time?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
umm we just dumped the aims or w/e we run into the cat oil and nothing happend, its basicaully same type of oil except for some addativies if im correct. Dealer does the same thing

Sim this up a bit, just dump in the new with the old

·
Registered
83 Posts
Which AMSOIL do you plan on running? Check their site to see what they say. The quote below comes from their site regarding their HP Injector Oil. Note the bold text.

"Use as injection oil or as 50:1 pre-mix (2.6 oz. per U.S. gallon of gas) where NMMA TC-W3 or API TC oils are specified. Compatible with mineral and synthetic TC-W3 type two-cycle oils, however, mixing two-cycle oils should be minimized."

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts