Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to change out the needle jet in my Mikuni VM38 carb. I can remove the main jet, but how do I remove the needle jet? My manual says I need to use a P-0 (480) needle jet for running at high altitudes. I think I have a P-2 (480) in there now. Any clues on how I remove the needle jet?

·
Registered
479 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NoviceSledGuy @ Dec 26 2006, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm trying to change out the needle jet in my Mikuni VM38 carb. I can remove the main jet, but how do I remove the needle jet? My manual says I need to use a P-0 (480) needle jet for running at high altitudes. I think I have a P-2 (480) in there now. Any clues on how I remove the needle jet?[/b]

You will need to remove the Main jet and the Needle jet. The Main jet is usually screwed on to the lower end of the Needle jet, locking it into the carb. Remove the main jet and tap out the needle jet. Do this very carefully. It can break very easily. sometimes the needle jet will have an O-ring. Remove the O-ring and soak both main jet and needle jet in carb cleaner. When you put it back in there is a pin in the carb body that fits in a grove on the needle jet. Make sure they match up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts