Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Jag Deluxe with a bad 440 f/c engine, (broken crankshaft). The rest of the machine is perfect and hate to throw it away. Cannot find new crankshaft as easy or cheap as complete liquid cooled engines. How hard is it to convert to liquid cooled? Can I go to a 580? This is a sled to keep me entertained while tinkering and then be left at my cabin as a back up guest sled. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (drewber @ Jan 25 2007, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have a 1995 Jag Deluxe with a bad 440 f/c engine, (broken crankshaft). The rest of the machine is perfect and hate to throw it away. Cannot find new crankshaft as easy or cheap as complete liquid cooled engines. How hard is it to convert to liquid cooled? Can I go to a 580? This is a sled to keep me entertained while tinkering and then be left at my cabin as a back up guest sled. Any help would be great.[/b]
I imagine it would take a fair bit of work. You would need to install front and rear heat exchangers in the tunnel plus all of the hoses and coolant bottle.

·
Registered
524 Posts
There is a lot of work to do that.....basically you would have to almost entirely tear down your sled and modify the chassis to accept the cooing system...

I would be better just to but a liquid cooled sled in my opinion and sell your current sled.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I converted my 1996 z 440 to a liquid cooled. It wasn't to bad of a job, I used an 1981 eltigre liquid motor, heat exchangers, and radiator. It all converted over pretty easily, and ran really well too for an 1981 500 liquid motor. I used this because I picked up the whole sled for $100. So if you can pick up a wrecked sled that the running gear is still good in it is possible with not a whole lot of work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.