Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been a lazy owner for the past 3 years, and done basically no maintenance on my sleds.

That's going to change. I will change the oil (0w40 synthetic), filters, lube the chassis, replace brake pads, but..... ACT fluid. The manual says I need to remove a drive pulley in order to do this. Is there a work around that DOES not remove the pulley?

Because I have no idea if I can do that, they're usually stuck on there really really well.

Cheers!

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
Is this on your Jag Z1? if so it's way easier to get at fill and drain plugs to flush and then change fluid. Plus, You know it won't be seized if removed every year.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I have never tried with the secondary in place. I have had good luck with the secondary sliding right off. Honestly, the hardest part was keeping track of the shims behind the clutch. Sometimes they stay in place and sometimes they partially stick to the clutch.
You may be swapping the belt at the same time too. Check the cap O ring that holds the deflection shims. It often gets beat up or torn. I like to have a good O ring to help keep track of those shims.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give it a shot, I guess. If it doesn't come off, can I use a torch without ruining things?

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
Tight spaces, plastics could be trouble. I bet it comes off without torch!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts