Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally locked in what track im putting on my sled, got a brand new 136X15X1.25 inch camplast track with the connected cone design. Got it brand new, "BUY IT NOW" on ebay for 199 dollars unreal deal I do have to say. But when I change my track should I replace the bearings in the shaft that drive the track even if they are not bad? I heard people say, "you have it apart might as well do it" and I was just wondering if this is what I really should do? The sled have 4000 miles on it, with the same bearings, all though speedo works find, i get a little rachet every now and then over a bump or something but I think my track is a little bit loose. So I was just wondering when I have the shaft out change the track over should I put in new bearings? Also a question I have is, do you guys know how much they cost? thanks alot!!!

Chris

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
If you have over 4000 miles on the original driveshaft bearings and will be removing the shaft to replace the track then there is no better time to change the bearings. With 4000 miles on them, they can go at anytime and can ruin a days ride or trip. You should be able to pick up the bearings for $15-20 bucks a piece.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Do it man. No better time than now. Good piece of mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts