Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The nut on my top gear came of while riding gear fell off and ruined half of my threads on the driveshaft I believe it is ? Help I'm not famailier with this I work on my own stufffor the most part with the help of the felloe members is this a fix it yourself wwhat does it involved and what would I be getting into

·
Registered
340 Posts
Cut the threaded portion off, drill and tap the shaft and use a bolt and big washer to hold the gear on. I did the same thing with my bottom gear on the drive shaft itself and has been working fine for a couple of seasons now.

·
Registered
340 Posts
No, I didnt take pics, but its pretty easy if you can drill and tap a hole. If not, remove the shaft and have a local machine shop do it for you. You may be better off just replacing the shaft at that point, I am sure you can get a used one pretty cheap. I did mine with the shaft removed and used a drill press to drill the hole.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What size bit did you used to drill the whole and was it hard to take the shaft off to drill the hole?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ttt would this be a hard fix ? I would rather just buy the part and fix it if its not diffucult

1 - 9 of 9 Posts