Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putting my drop case back together & the orignal chaincase has been swaped with a manual chain
tensioner style. I want to know how much freeplay I should have in the chain??? BTW its a 93 T-cat if it matters.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks AzCats Rockerdude ! I had my drive shaft out had to put on new sprokets & ended up rebuilding the whole rear suspension, also drive & driven clutches & coolant hoses the ones that run under the cross shaft what a pain :angry_mad: . I just got it all together & want to take it out tomorrow, my wife wants me to take the kids out cuz shes pissed at how much I spent on it!!! I say :tongue_nana: cant hear you when 900cc's are pumping. Any tips on tuning the pilot jets? Pilot jets seam to be tricky to adjust. Let me know if this is right. First adust the slides (befor starting) then once running adjust idle speed to 1600rpm with idle stop's adjusting one carb at a time. I think I get how to do that seams pretty stight forward, but the pilot jets have littel info in the service manual. It says to adjust after idle is set & thats about all it says???? What do I do?????? I dunno

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I just got it all together & want to take it out tomorrow, my wife wants me to take the kids out cuz shes pissed at how much I spent on it!!! I say cant hear[/b]
I get that all the time :yo_sup: thats why there's a couch in the garage, tv and ???? fridge now naughty

BM...

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey onefastcat - how did you swap the chain cases? I have a 93 580z with the spring tensioners and want to change it to a bolt adjusting style. How did you find out what case to use or did you just modify the existing case? Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry swsidlo but thats the way I bought the sled with it done allready so I dont know dunno . I can tell you it looks like the case was swaped because it dosent look moded. Hopfully someone how reads this can tell ya what you need. I know I like it. BTW I had it out last weekend & it ran stong Cat happy . I took my wife for a spin & now she knows what 900cc's will do naughty . She was mad at me for it, but it was worth it!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts