Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my zr900 has the reverse kit put on it. it is also equipped with the auto tensioner. so my question is how do i go about setting it up and how tight should the chain be?

·
Registered
246 Posts
dont know if the reverse changes it or if you have the same chaincase as my 99 but to tension mine. i put the parking brake on pull the sled backwards on the ground to take all the slack to the front side of the chain then run the adjuster bolt all the way in with just my fingers till you cant tighten anymore then back off a 1/4 turn and then set the lock nut and thats it.. hope it helps sure someone else will chime in

·
Registered
609 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (marv46 @ Nov 20 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
dont know if the reverse changes it or if you have the same chaincase as my 99 but to tension mine. i put the parking brake on pull the sled backwards on the ground to take all the slack to the front side of the chain then run the adjuster bolt all the way in with just my fingers till you cant tighten anymore then back off a 1/4 turn and then set the lock nut and thats it.. hope it helps sure someone else will chime in[/b]
x2 with normal chaincases. I dunno how different a reverse sled would be, but i can't see it being much different.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am not sure if it requires same procedure but the chaincases for the reverse are quite a bit inside. i was just curious with the auto adjuster because i can do the bolt inside tight by hand but i am not sure how tight the spring should be and if there should be any play in the chain or tight. i would assume if the chain was tight it would stretch it

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
I would assume mine is the same as yours, I just wound the spring loaded bolt back far enough to get the new chain on and then unwound it until it hit the chain. Everything after that is automatic. I have never had a problem with it. Ron.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i was just wondering how many times i should wind the spring. or how much pressure i should put on the spring

1 - 7 of 7 Posts